Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Pills

I went to the doctor this week for a routine appointment. I filled out one of those
"Are you depressed?" questionnaires. I was feeling pretty good about myself when I only scored an 8 on a seven question test. Then he told me that "normal" (whatever that means) is 3 or less. Oops. I guess I am depressed. Thanks questionnaire for letting me know. I wasn't surprised by this news, though. I can't seem to shake the funk I've been in since Tru's accident. I still don't sleep well, I can't remember anything, I'm paranoid that bad things are going to happen to our family, and I still find myself crying quite often. Sooooo, now I wait for my happy pills to arrive in the mail. I really hope they are the cure I've been waiting for. I thought time would be my cure, but since it has been 3 months (and the longest 3 months of my life), maybe time needs some happy pills to give it a hand.

No comments: