Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thursday, January 15th

There have only been a handful of times in my life when I've cried from being so happy. Thursday was one of them. I took Tru to the doctor in Springfield to hear the results of his ultrasound. The nurse wouldn't tell me anything over the phone which caused me to imagine a thousand horrible scenarios that played over and over in my mind. I tried to be positive, but braced myself for bad news. I was pleasantly surprised. His liver looked great! The doctor said he would release him! He is now allowed to do everything he did before the accident. Tru's reaction was, "I get to go to House of Bounce and Kangaroo Gym now?" I was so happy, I cried. A little perturbed that they made me worry and drive all the way to Springfield just to hear them say that, but I can't complain. In fact, I can't complain about anything. No matter what happens, I know we will be ok as long as we have each other. When I start to complain as I watch my annuities dwindling away or my tooth pops off in the middle of a meal, or I don't get a good night's rest, I have to stop myself. Does it really matter?

I have a feeling those people standing on the wing of an airplane in the Hudson River were thinking the same thing. Thursday, I felt as lucky as they did!

No comments: