Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trying to be more positive

I'm trying very hard to focus on the positive this week and get out of this funk I've been in.  Every moment I look at Tru, I wonder how we got so lucky.  When the accident first happened, people would tell me how "lucky" or "blessed" we were that he was alive.  I didn't feel lucky or blessed at all.  I saw my baby in pain with his bottom lip stuck out in a permanent pout.  Nothing felt lucky about that.  

However, now, today, I feel lucky and definitely blessed.  The old Tru is slowly coming back.  It's getting harder every day to keep him calm, and I'm seeing more and more of his old personality replacing the angry, scared one with each passing day.  I can't begin to tell you how happy it makes  me to see his smile, and I count my blessings for the little things -like the fact that he still has all of his teeth in that smile!

No comments: