Thursday, February 12, 2009

Turning things around!

When I took Tru to his therapy appointment last week, the therapist asked me how things were going. I immediately started to tear up and could barely squeak out an "ok". She suggested I make my own appointment (sans Truman), so I did. I went Wednesday and I let it all out, cried for the full hour, but felt a lot better afterward (at least emotionally, my head was killing me from all the crying!). She suggested that each time I have a negative thought, memory, paranoid thought, etc., that I replace it with a positive one or the exact opposite -whichever applies. I have been trying this for a couple of days now,and I feel a lot better about things. So, when I have more time, I am going to make a list of positive memories from this experience (and there are some). I'm also going to try to figure out how to add pictures to my posts and try to make this blog more a celebration of Truman's life rather than the gloom and doom it has kind of turned into. Stay tuned!

No comments: